Hi there everyone! How have you been? Me, busy… Tired and heavy, basically. That’s why I’ve not been as consistent with my publications as I wished. But this week I’m finally taking care of my Christmas decorations and I’ve made a couple of things myself, including this beautiful and simple wreath to hang on my front door.
I’m very proud of how it turn out! The best compliment I got came from my sweet husband: he thought I had bought the Christmas wreath! Olivia wowed when she saw it and that felt wonderful too 💕
I did it under an hour and took the pictures myself so that’s why there are so few and not one of me working… sorry about that, I was home alone 😉
So let’s move on to the full tutorial, shall we?
HOW TO MAKE A CHRISTMAS WREATH
EASY AND SIMPLE WREATH WITH A RUSTIC TOUCH
- Something round to mark the two concentric circles (I used IKEA plates) or, better yet, a geometry compass
- Hot glue gun (you can use normal white glue instead if you want)
- Shapes made with air dry modeling clay
- Christmas tree decorations (I used these wood pieces I already had at home)
- Draw the two concentric circles using a compass or two plates of different sizes like I did;
- Use the scissors to cut the circles so you will get a cardboard wreath;
- Wrap the sisal around the wreath (this was for me the most complicated part and the one that took me more time to finish);
- Using the hot glue gun, glue the decorations on to the sisal wreath as you please.
Note: I had made these air dry clay decorations previously with Olivia and forgotten to take pictures. But the process is really easy. Using a rolling pin extend a bit of modeling clay until you have a thin layer. Then use cookie shapes to cut it. Let them dry for a night and they are ready to use!
DONE! SIMPLE, EASY AND BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE MY CHRISTMAS WREATH!
Ok, I know the photos are not great and I’m probably late on this tutorial. Maybe next year you can try it yourself, let me know. I’m so happy with the results, I cannot imagine a more beautiful wreath to hang on my door!
Note: This post contains some affiliate links. This means that if you choose to buy something through those links I get a small percentage of that buy. This does not mean that the price of the product you buy will be increased. For more information please read my disclosure here. Thanks for your support!